Friday 20 February 2015

Day 51 2015: Cabin fever...

Day 51: ...it's Queensland, as we know it

And so today the rains came. One advantage of my job, at this time of the year, is that I can work at home. During the semester when classes are scheduled it is a little harder to do so. So when it is a wet and stormy day with cyclonic conditions and flooding, it is indeed fortunate I don't have to venture too far. 

The wet weather however, can be a bit restrictive. By about midday, one is feeling a little feverish, of the type that comes from being restricted indoors. Nonetheless, one always finds a photo opportunity when one looks. One of my favourite 'Queensland, wet season' pics is the one on the back veranda...the rain gets in, the thongs get wet, the leaves blow around.  

Thongs on the deck, wet, wet, wet

And the roses lift more than the usual dew drops and hold up well under the pelting rain. 

Saturation point

Bigger than dew

We've a few more days of this ahead, but at least I have my books to read and my lectures to write and my articles to draft. And there will always be a photo, or three, to take.

Take care Queensland. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D 28-80mm, 11.49am, 2.15-2.16pm]