Wednesday 25 February 2015

Day 55 2015: I think I can...

Day 55: ...you'll make it mate

If there is one thing about the stroll from the car park to the office that brings a lightness of step, it has to be the mobs of kangas we have on campus. They are 'wild' as in not tame or domesticated in any way so we do have to be a little cautious but seriously, it is hard not to have good feelings about our kangas. 

The joeys are growing up and all over campus we see them trying to stand on their own two feet, as it were...

Mate, that's not how it works, that's not how you stand up...


...or not quite. I knew how this little one felt. I bet that tail gets in the way until you work out how it works.

A little further along at least one kanga seemed to show a little concern, or was perhaps more alert to the fruit-fone-wielding homo sapiens approaching...caution, on the wind.

Settle petal, it'll pass

It's not all cute furry animals on campus however, dear reader. I don't want you thinking I work in a zoo...oh, hang on. No, not really. Later in the afternoon, I went for a walk to take a break from the computer-boundedness that has become my job. I was, for the first time in years, swooped by the blasted nesting masked lapwings (or plovers as we knew them when I was growing up). Didn't have my camera on me either to make the swoop worthwhile. Damn and blast.

[Camera : iPhone 6, 9.05am]