Saturday 7 March 2015

Day 66 2015: Musical notes...

Day 66: ...and other interludes

Sometimes the pics of the day just take you by surprise. Sometimes they draw you away from what you were doing. Sometimes they are 'just there' and they are a moment to capture. Sometimes, they're even planned. Sort of. No, really. Sometimes, well sometimes, you just know you want to...

Such was today. Although it is Saturday, the semester internal alarm clock is alive and well and it was a 4.00am start to the day. I don't mind. It gives me time to get up and at it; do a slow tai chi set or contemplate whether or not I should make muffins for the clarinet morning tea (now I have time) or pick up the fail-proof excellent brownies from the excellent bakery down the road...

The kookas won. They drew me out early, with their early arrival in the tree. I love watching them, listening to them. There were four or five at one stage (plus the noisy miners...). I spent quite a bit of time with them. No time for muffins then. 


Early start

Today was another musical day with clarinets and then a short stint at the cafe, really too hot to be playing outdoors for too long. 

Home then to start the lawn mowing chores. Then, up popped what was to my eye, this glorious contrast on the murraya branch--the red and the white--'just there'.


The red and the white and the green

And of course, with the fullest part of the moon yesterday we are now into its move to the next gibbous but there's still enough to capture, and I haven't for a while so I knew, I just wanted to, just because...



The moon, again
Not every day needs a theme or an analogy, or anything really. It just is. I guess that's why we create interludes in an otherwise busy day. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 70-300mm, 6.58am, 6.01pm, 8.05pm]