Monday 16 March 2015

Day 75 2015: Feeling the pressure...

Day 75: ...but I'm back

Meanwhile, after an early start, I realised halfway through the afternoon that I didn't have to be back in time for rehearsal tonight after yesterday's concert. I had thought it would be a good time to catch up on that extra work. And then I remembered: a-ha! Have camera, can beach. (And can catch up on work later.)

So I went via Moffat Beach on the way home. You might have seen the previous post dear reader, day 75.5 and my encounter with an inquisitive youngster...

In the meantime, I took a few more pics, really just experiments in light and speed, movement and composition. I've been a bit overwhelmed by the response to the tortoise and dragonfly from yesterday (or damselfly as it turns out) and really worried about following up. As of this evening, the tweeted version of the pic had registered nearly 12,000 views and nearly 200 retweets and faves. And that's for a pic I'm not 100% happy with. 

What could I do today then? 

I like trying to capture the movement of the waves: low light, slower speeds...


Curl

Curler

Curlering

Curlingest

Incoming tide

Tidal catch (and dog)

Tidal rush

Tidal rush 2

There's room for improvement but I'm prepared to work at it dear reader, if you will bear with me. 

And then, in the distance, Chester the dog (see Day 75.5) guarded his family all the way home.
Chester and family

Yes, yesterday was serendipitous, and days like today continue to make #project365 special, 365 days a year. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 6.12pm-6.28pm]