Sunday 22 March 2015

Day 81 2015: Raindrops keep falling...

Day 81: ...on my head, in the bucket, on the flowers...

When we don't have rain, we tend to complain. When we do have rain, we tend to complain. Too much, too little, ne'er a Goldilocks moment. There must be an optimal amount of rain but I never seem to find it. Or, it rains at the wrong time. Today, it poured just as I had to venture across town for another concert. It meant going through Rocklea, perhaps one of the most flash-flood prone suburbs in Brisbane. 

Anyway, I made it in the end. A fraction late for the top and tail rehearsal, but I preferred to take it steady through the weather, rather than...well, drive like all the other idiots on the road. What is it about the rain and stupid...but I digress, dear reader, this is really about rain, concerts and favourite things. It is Sunday after all.

One of the pieces we played, a Burt Bacharach medley, included 'Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head', most appropriate. It was good fun. 

All that rain at the venue though, and during the return trip home, limited the pic ops today. Until I got home. I'm quite enjoying the silhouette effect of the pigeons and the aerial...I'm imagining them as an 'arty' B&W series (when actually, they are neither)...you'll probably see a few of these...

Rain, flight, silhouette

...and then there was the rain, buckets-full...

Small bucket floats in large bucket

...and of course, raindrops keep falling on my frangipanis.


Presently the *only* frangipani in the garden

Raindrops work well for photos. No complaints from me.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 5.24pm-5.29pm]