Tuesday 24 March 2015

Day 83 2015: Not laughing...

Day 83: ...yawning, but not for long...

Today was one of those days where my community engagement work was going to take me well into overtime. One of the politics interest groups I'm involved in was scheduled to hold its post-election analysis panel. It was going to be in Parliament House but events including the opening of the new session of parliament meant we were going to be moved over to the grounds of QUT.

It also meant that, in order to avoid traffic issues later in the day, I opted to work at home today...and there is plenty to do: lecture writing, class prep, assignments to consider, conference papers to read, write, think. deliver...so on and so forth. 

It was probably going to be the case that pics earlier in the day were a safer bet than perhaps later in the evening given all the work that had to be done. 

Early on today, the kookas were about. How did we know? The noisy miners told us so. A few of them hung around for a while, looked a bit bored...

Haha...er, no.

...and then took off...I don't think I've managed to get a kooka in full flight before...so here it is: 

Here we go, here we go, here we go
My bromeliads are beginning to show their true colours too. I'm very excited. You'll be seeing a few of these...

Colourful riches

And then there was the rose...

Spider and Rose
...and a spider, if you look closely. Made me think of Spider and Rose. I'm pretty sure it was a movie I saw once. 

I'm not one for yawning in my backyard, there's never a dull moment. 

And the panel you ask? Brilliant, utterly brilliant. It's why I love doing what I do...no, really. I'm very lucky.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 70-300mm, 7.17am-7.57am]