Friday 27 March 2015

Day 86 2015: Someone, or something, had to laugh...

Day 86: ...or play lorikeet monarch of the day

Given the way the day turned out, I'm lucky the local kookaburra gave me seven minutes and 62 photo opportunities at about 7.15am. It was completely accidental of course dear reader. Most All of my photos are...

Later this morning I was due to attend a Commission hearing in a matter concerning the university. The hearing began at 10.00am. I (foolishly) thought I would be required for about 2-3 hours and then on the way home I might try to capture some of those Queen St Mall pics I planned to do last week before I was distracted by...oh, yes, birds at Roma Street. 

So it is fair to say the cam was out on the table for me to pack...After a bit of a chuckle, the kooka ended up perched on the birdbath, and obliged.

Do you see what I see...

Heh, *not* a worm...

Try again...

So here we go...

But that leaf? I suspect it was kooka hamming it up for the long lens. 


And then the loris turned to the neighbours' flowering palm, they've done this before and it is always fascinating to see how they jump around and seek the prime position. 


Thank you, I must be going...

Mwhahaha...a horse, a horse, my kingdom...etc and so forth


I'll keep an eye on them for now.

I ended up in the city for a lot longer than anticipated. Legal matters...


[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 7.18-7.23am]