Sunday 29 March 2015

Day 88 2015: A day in the shadows...

Day 88: ...thinking about...thinking, and doing

Today started where I left off last night: reading and thinking about 'critical pedagogy' as a means to explore my Masters thesis in Education. I think I'm onto something. You know that moment you find a book, or an article, and it just clicks? That.

Along the way I arranged to go and see a film/fund-raising event about the artists and people of Vanuatu; timely given the recent cyclone there, inspiring in as much as it taught us how we can, if we want to, do much with little, very little. Thinking, thinking about my work all the time.

It made sense given my current work. When I went for a stroll and a think afterwards through South Bank, I really only noticed the shadows. I've been re-reading about the idea of Plato's Cave, how people who know only shadows think shadows are the reality. Which I guess they are, in a way; real, that is. 

I spent much of the rest of the day in the library, reading and thinking about ways to apply my work in a real and meaningful way. 

It's a bridge...really

These are posts...really

Mangrove roots (and their shadows)

And then some colour returned...


Which is the real shadow?

...and then I got to the bus stop.

Because colour can matter

Red. It'll be alright. Plus, I've wanted to photograph this structure for ages.

Bike update: I have a bike (to collect). Apparently my brother had one to spare. There you go. Bike reports soon. 


[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 1.21pm-1.24pm, 4.17pm, 4.48pm]