Tuesday 31 March 2015

Day 90 2015: Black, white, greyish...

Day 90: ...no colour is not all that bad (#nofilter)

The HWS. No, not a work thing but the hot water system. It has decided that thirty years service is sufficient for now. Timing. With the conference and research season ahead, indeed next month, it has meant a radical rethink of priorities. 

It has put a bit of a dampener on things, in more ways than one. 

Funnily enough, when I went to take a few pics today, apart from a couple of bees and a butterfly flying way too quickly to catch them, I realised at the end of the day's pics, all the colour had drained out of them (or me?). Well, no, not really but an overcast day and cumulus clouds...well...

Cloudy moment 1

Cloudy moment 2

Cloudy moment 3

...one of my favourite subjects. I enjoy watching the movement. 

And the delightful song of the butcher bird I captured, I focussed on the colour of the song and quite forgot about the black and white of the day. 

Song, sung, (not) blue

It's all in the way you want to see things I guess. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 4.39pm-4.40pm, 5.12pm]