Friday 10 April 2015

Day 100 2015: A century...

Day 100: ...I coulda, shoulda thought about that.

I suppose, dear reader, it just goes to show that in fact I don't really plan each day's pic of the day with as much thought as I could do, sometimes. Day 100. That should be marked with something significant, something breathtaking, something worthy of...pic of the day. But in fact, it didn't really occur to me until about now. Oh. 

Instead, there's a bit of a study in pics. Last night, for example, after I'd posted yesterday's efforts, the moon rose in the east at such an angle and such a colour, I tried to capture it...

Moon rising

...technically a day 99 pic but one I wanted to take to contrast with the moon in the morning, not quite 24 hours later. Just because sometimes, a comparison is interesting, technically. 


Morning moon

And in between, I was mucking around with f-stops and depths of field on a web, not far from the back deck: light, sharpness, depth...all a bit of trickery really. 

Looking sharper than it really should
The camera never lies? Or the camera constructs our realities? You can decide, dear reader. Happy 100th and thanks for sticking with it for so long. Just 265 to go.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 9.33pm (9 Apr), 8.55pm (moon), 8.53pm]