Saturday 11 April 2015

Day 101 2015: 'You're a spy aren't you?'...

Day 101: ...er, no, not today...

So asked the security guard in the cultural precinct at South Bank today. And he asked in *that* way that I suppose was supposed to be *jovial*, but with serious intent. 

You see, dear reader, in my day job, I teach and research International Security, I know the suspicions that could be aroused with my internet searches of terrorism and related material...for research purposes of course. 

I guess the security guard was just doing his job, sussing out someone carrying around a DSLR, pointing and shooting at buildings (and, actually, the grass, with which I was intrigued). It's not the first time it has happened. I was once prevented, actually prevented, from taking photos of government buildings in Seoul lest I pass them on to North Korean spies. And once I was *almost* recruited to one of our spy agencies...so you know, dear reader, when it comes to looking shifty with a camera...well, I guess I do. (I'm always the one picked out for the vacuuming of the explosive dust at the airport too, come to think of it.)

In fact, I was on my way home from a Handel concert when I wandered through the precinct because I really do like taking pictures of architecture, really. And I just love our South Bank cultural precinct.

This is what the 'spy' 'spied'...or what the camera saw...


Art Gallery

It's a sign...

...off this grass

...and this grass...such dissent!

Model : not to scale

Not a model : actually to scale

Museum

Sculpture garden

Inter-Web and clouds : the pre-modern version

Could these be...'Autumn Leaves'?

Le Fountain...

Clouds in the sky...on reflection

'Arty' 'architectural' 'shot'

All above board and mundane really...but that's what they look for, I believe...

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 5.15pm-5.39pm]