Sunday 12 April 2015

Day 102 2015: A day in the library...

Day 102: ...turning over a new/old leaf

When I awoke this morning, the realisation had dawned on me, literally. It was dawn. It meant I had 38 hours in which to present my usual two-hour lecture and two tutorials on Monday, as well as a guest seminar (about three hours) and an assignment due at midnight. I might try and squeeze in a couple of hours of orchestra rehearsal too, tomorrow night. Good thing I've cancelled Chicago (which was also due this week).

With this much reading, writing, thinking including strict deadlines, I don't quite trust myself to hang around the house and work...far too many distractions. The simple answer is: back to the library, the scene of yesterday's spy claims...

And so off I went, knowing full well that I would stick to the task if I didn't give myself any temptations to wander the cultural precinct again. And that meant leaving the camera at home.

But not before I managed a quick study of some of the gum leaves that had fallen on the verandah overnight. 

Me and my shadow

Looking for the gumnut babies

How it has fallen 1

How it has fallen 2

Perfect day to be turning over a new/old leaf as far as my study and research goes...it's all hand-in-hand really, like gumnuts in a pod. 

There are 29 hours left...

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 7.48am-7.56am]