Tuesday 21 April 2015

Day 111 2015: Triple one...

Day 111: ...egret, swan, wren

First, there was the egret. Just as I pulled up in the car park. But it was also near where the plovers were nesting just last week. Never mind, I thought, I shall see if I can improve on my egret photography.

It started well...the elegant egret

Then came the swans, black swans. I'd not seen them before. So, like your average toddler (and let's face it, dear reader, I'm still on training wheels when it comes to this photography gig), I dropped the egret...well it was being scared away by a posse of humans going past (a real crowd, about 25), and went to try and capture the swans. 



Breakfast time perhaps
Well, they didn't really head in my general direction and managed to somehow perfectly alternate in the feeding exercise...simply could not get them with their lovely elegant necks extended simultaneously. 


So turning back to head to the office, there they were...the little wrens. Superb fairy wrens, I think. Well, I was just like that toddler in a lolly shop. I've always wanted to photograph these littlies. They are fast and skittish, quite tricky really, and I hadn't seen these here before. Meanwhile, some 40 pics later...


So tiny

This is the wren version of 'Grumpy Cat'

Watching, watching

Away...on a wing and a reed

Balance


...I really had to get to the office. Always something new by the lake. And so fortunate to see two new species. I reckon I'm getting closer to getting all 108...

I originally thought trying to take a pic (or three) a day would lose its allure after a while, but capturing the wren was such a thrill. Such an exciting ten minutes, (that's all), out of my day. (Oh, or have I over-shared, dear reader...?)

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 9.29am-9.36am]