Friday 24 April 2015

Day 114 2015: Close to home...

Day 114: ...and a little touch up (can you tell?)

Yesterday was the long distance, long day. Today was the extreme opposite. Yesterday, I travelled about 200km. Today, ten metres. One end of the house to the other. That's what a day of work at home can mean. 

It occurred to me about 2.00pm that I hadn't done much other than answer emails, read up on action research, write some notes, read about Japanese political leader Doi Takako for an essay I am writing. I hadn't even had lunch at this stage. Overlooked, more than 'forgot'. 

So, dear reader, you know what that means. A trek out the back. whereupon I spied a little butterfly/moth. Butterfly I think. Although it looks like a moth. 


Sunsoaker*
(May be an Orange Palmdart Cephrenes augiades)


And a little while later, the noisy miners. I know I don't have a lot of time for them, but sometimes they scrub up quite nicely for a pic. 



The rarely seen 'eye' of the miner

And I quite like them foraging through the trees. (One of these pics has had a little touch-up dear reader, for research--Ekka research--purposes.) So really, what's to complain about. 


Hmmm, nectar

Tomorrow is Anzac Day. I'm not yet sure quite what I will do. But I will be going more than ten metres.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 2.13pm, 3.41pm, 3.43pm]