Tuesday 28 April 2015

Day 118 2015: Stopped in your tracks...

Day 118: ...best keep your distance

You will be used to my daily stories by now dear reader; some days are true, some days are metaphorical, some days are perhaps apocryphal...

Today was...

...well, I'll tell my story dear reader, and you can decide.

So there I was, the egret had landed. I knew I was going to have a later finish in the the office which meant a walk back in the evening in the dark. And we know that it is best to take a pic while the opportunity portends. 

Well, it was a shy egret today. Stayed a bit hidden, a bit of a distance, and soon took off. 

Hide and seek...

Catch me if you can

Then, I noticed a couple more birds out on the buoy in the middle of the lake (no, I don't know why it is there either). A bit of a distance, but the wing stretch was noticeable.

Shag, ducks
And then, at a bit of a distance, I thought there was a lopped tree trunk but in fact, the boss kanga was grazing. At a distance.

Boss kanga
A bit disappointing really. Unusually, I couldn't get any decent closeup shots for now, but maybe a bit later, if I give myself some time (I didn't, as it happened). So I packed up the cam and headed along the path. Some days, I thought, show the not so good stuff, appreciate the better stuff later, or somesuch.

The people ahead of me stopped, in their tracks. At a distance, a 2m red-belly black snake crossed our path. Slowly. Unusual. I generally have to get to my office before I get stopped in my tracks with the latest work-related issue.  

But not today. Best keep your distance at times. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 9.39am-9.43am]