Friday 3 April 2015

Day 92 2015: On being a dutiful public servant...

Day 92: ...some days, all days

This post should have been, dear reader, about the marvellous concert I saw this evening. Mischa Maisky playing the Dvorak Cello Concerto, Yan Pascal Tortelier conducting the Tchaikovsky Fourth...

But instead, this is what you get: 

The Cultural Centre bus stop...

*Note to self: Must return with tripod

'Artistic Architectural Interior' pretence...


Pink/purple ceiling

Angles and a staircase, not a cello

Thursday night for a concert, for a lecturer who has classes on Thursday night, is a bit of a touch and go thing, especially since the Orchestra has brought forward the start of their concerts to 7.30pm. But tonight was the night before the Easter long weekend and mid-semester break. It was also pouring rain so...that combination usually means high absenteeism and those students who do attend tend to want to leave early. Usually. OK, I was right on the first point: high absenteeism; wrong on the second. And look, fair enough, I'm a public servant, I dutifully serve my public even when that public wants to stay past the usually finishing time of the class by 20 minutes. And then the downpour. 

OK, so I made it to the Cultural Centre just after the audience went in for the second part of the concert. I thought I might have made it in time for that. I politely waited for the end of the first movement, but with no usher in sight, I didn't dare be the one to open the door. 

So I sat, I waited for friends, I photographed. I got to experiment with ISOs of 3200 or 4000. What else does a good public servant do?

Said friends were elated at 'concert of the decade'...and they're not partial to hyperbole.

I am good, obedient public servant... ~,~)

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 9.16pm, 9.32pm, 9.33pm]