Saturday 4 April 2015

Day 94 2015: Pedagogical pursuits...

Day 94: ...when I should have been lunar-pixing

I have ten days until the due date for an assignment. One I am reading, researching and writing as a student. It is an interesting reflective experience, shall we say. It is the first uni assignment I've had to write since 2002 (not counting the PhD, which is, by its nature, a bit bigger than your average assignment). 

It is about teaching, what I would like to teach, how I might go about it in the classroom and how academics, having been stripped of their autonomy to make the best decisions with regard to their own courses have to navigate what I termed today the 'clash of the pedagogical imperatives'...bloody academics. 

Anyway, in truth, we snappers were anticipating another blood moon, another lunar eclipse tonight. We had much fun with last year's but the weather this morning did not augur well. Rain continued for much of the day and when it didn't rain the cloud hung around. 

Now, when you are on a mission to take a pic (or three) a day, it is always useful to have a back-up plan should the main game fail. And let's face it dear reader, I know more about the 'main game fail' that just about anyone I know. I work at an educational institution after all...(and follow a football team which managed to make it four losses in a row today).

But anyway, while pondering pedagogical imperatives, I took a short break at some point and observed life in the garden, you know, just in case...

Of course there was a veritable showcase of our garden co-habiters...

Hold on there

Incy wincy spider...

Found a little ant...

...which it managed to tuck away on a rainy day

And true to cloudy form and forecast, the lunar eclipse passed us by but for a brief moment, well after the main event, a sliver appeared...and, I don't know, I just had to take it, for posterity's sake. 
The best we could do: Moon with cloud

The next one comes around in 2018. What's the bet, all going well, my assignment will be done and my pic of the day will still be going...

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 12.22pm, 12.27-12.28pm, 11.01pm]