Monday 6 April 2015

Day 96 2015: A Manly sweep of clouds...

Day 96: ...and a few of my other favourite waterside things

I know, dear reader, it would be wrong to admit to forgetting/remembering another little camera lens I've had tucked away for a while. I didn't really forget. I just didn't remember until today that I had it. It's a nice little 18-55mm lens. That means wide angle. And that can only mean one thing...a trip to Manly. 

Well, actually, it doesn't really mean that but there is a certain time of day when that sweep of bay and islands and sky and clouds all come together to look like a pastel landscape. And so I thought I might go and experiment after a day of reading, thinking, mowing the lawn, shopping...your average Monday holiday really.

And yes, the 18mm end of the lens gave us some interesting perspectives...especially with the exceptionally low tide which gave me some walking space.


Manly, not the moon, low tide at sun setting

Found object 1

Found object 2

Low tide

Sunset beams...to the east

Sun sets over Manly Harbour entrance

Pines of Manly (Brisbane), not Manly (Sydney)

That tired feeling

The sweep of clouds and sunset (NNW)

Manly Sea Eagles Pelicans

Another sweep of clouds, and pastel sunset (SSE)

All very nice. I think I shall take the mini-me lens out a bit more often. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 18-55m, 5.26pm-6.00pm]