Wednesday 8 April 2015

Day 98 2015: Eyes skyward...

Day 98: ...cloudy but clear

Or an example of how sometimes 'cloudy' isn't always what it seems. Those of us who like such things have been rather captivated by the clouds of late. 

And so it continued this morning as I departed for a medical appointment...

Early morning moon through a layer of cirrus
I anticipated an evening on Mt Gravatt just in case we had another spectacular cloudy sunset like yesterday but it wasn't quite to be. Although there was a hint over the back fence, looking northeast-ish, over the hill on the way to the airport. 

Sun setting
Wispy skies
I sometimes imagine if I could paint, this is what I'd like to paint but I don't imagine it would end up looking anything like this. Wispy. 

And I might have caught this season's last frangipani...


Tired frangi

...it's looking a little like that. I know how it feels. 

Tomorrow is another day. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 7.09am; 5.52-5.56pm]