Thursday 9 April 2015

Day 99 2015: Either goals on the footy field...

Day 99: ...or lift-off and landings

Walking to the office this morning, I actually had my camera with me...just in case. And I'm glad I did. 

On the oval was a variation of our usual ibis friends, the straw-necked ibis. A rather lovely blue tint to its feathers. It didn't do much else but stroll around the in-goal area. Perhaps it was being an umpire between the cousin whiter ibis and plovers squabbling at the other end. 

Watching the goals

Turning to head towards the office, there was a crow. Now crows are, like the whiter ibis, not considered particularly pleasant for bird-watching types, though there are exceptions dear reader (I am not one of those as it happens). Unless of course, a photographer-type can capture them in flight, high-speed shutter, blue sky, white light-type of way. 


Take-off...


...and landing

And that, dear reader, is really what the pic of the day is about...*that* shot.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 10.13am (yep, all three shots within 20secs)]