Saturday 2 May 2015

Day 122 2015: In the night garden...

Day 122: ...nothing a high ISO won't fix

Evening, dear reader. Sometimes, it is suddenly upon us and one realises one's photographic exertions for the day are somewhat laggard. This morning I worked. By which I mean, read, wrote, prepared some notes for class. 

This afternoon, I shopped. By which I mean caught the bus to the nearby large shopping centre to purchase...percussion instruments, for tomorrow we march. The musical interlude has fallen to me to arrange. Anything to keep the marchers marching. Could be fun. Could be... well, let's just wait and see. I have included a wok lid and two mini bachi (used for Japanese drumming). There's a nice bell effect. 

So by the time I returned home, the sun was setting, the moon was rising and the dog was...well, being a dog. As I stepped outside, I marvelled at the stark contrast with the conditions just 24 hours ago. 

The light (not much) gave me a bit of a chance to play around with a high ISO (in this case 2500) which in the old film days (not that many of us got to that on film, 1600 was my highest, once) meant quite a grainy feel. 

So I decided to tackle the roses which I've been featuring on my Instagram account this last week or so. (plus/minus a touch of 'enhancement'...)

Petals

And a weed between the pavers...after the rain, it just struck me as a survivor.

Almost cactus (not quite)

Raindrop on petal

Roses came up a tad surreal I think, almost gritty. But I like them anyway. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 5.31pm-5.32pm]