Wednesday 6 May 2015

Day 126 2015: Coming up roses...

Day 126: ...thankfully

I am not, dear reader, what one might call a 'green thumb', good with plants, successful in the garden. I tend to aim for things that will take care of themselves. I like to try for an overall 'native'-looking garden: grevillea, gums, tree ferns and the like. Oh, and the odd olive tree and a potted herb or three. 

And so when it came to deciding to plant some rose bushes many years ago, it was on a whim and a worry: a whim because, well, it was a whim and seemed like something one should have; and a worry because, I thought they needed a lot of tending and care. 

Not my lot, I'm happy to confess and they've been giving us much to enjoy over the last few days over on the Instagram account. This morning the sunlight hit them just so and highlighted a lovely dewy sheen. Truly, there was unlikely to be anything to beat them today. 

From a distance...

Petals

Dew drops

Passing by...

The unveiling


And in the end there wasn't. Work was work and I'm looking forward to the day I can meddle in the garden on a daily basis. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 7.43am; 28-80mm, 7.53am-7.56am]