Sunday 17 May 2015

Day 137 2015: Deserving of a post of their own...

Day 137: ...it's all coming up roses, eventually

Some days one just has too much to do in one day. Some days, dear reader, one just takes too many pics in one day. Some days, dear reader, when one takes too many pics, it is a sign that there is actually much work to be done. Today is one of those days. And today is actually a split post because I realised that we haven't shared a .5 post for a while. 

It all started well enough. Washing, breakfast, spot of cleaning, reviewing work-related things when the itch to buy pastels became too great. Yes, dear reader, I am toying with the idea of hand-tinting black and white photos, with pastels, just for fun. 

So, I rang a friend who is also toying with the idea of arty type stuff, whereupon we...no wait, that is the Day 137.5 post coming up. 

Prior to that, I collected all the petals from the spent roses. I love my roses and I love to hang on to the petals for a little while, rather than let them just fall to the ground. 

Rain drops and petals

A bowlful of petals

Detail

Bowl's edge

I think they also make for interesting photographic subjects...and I thought they deserved a post of their own. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 9.54am-9.57am]