Thursday 21 May 2015

Day 141 2015: We can see the end of the fog...

Day 141: ...a euphemism or otherwise, perhaps

For the second day in a row, Brisbane awoke to fog. Well, actually, I awoke at about 3.35am and it was foggy then and in the end remained foggy for most of the morning...actual meteorological fog, we're not talking euphemisms here. 

Or perhaps we are. It is week 11 of the teaching semester. We have two weeks left of teaching. I'm down to two early early Mondays and two late late Thursdays left. But it is not as if I can't wait. I love* my job. (*It has its good points.)

Anyway, this morning it was interesting to watch the fog lift early on and the effect of fog on the street lights is always interesting. 

Fogged street light

Early fog

Bird in later fog

Later in the evening, returning to the car, I just thought I might have a bit of fun with long exposure. Actually, the light from Caloundra caught my eye over the trees on the lake. I experimented a little with speeds and ISO and a fifteen second exposure gave us this: 

Night Lake
(top right 'streak' might be a bird)

I'll try again, I'm becoming a little braver when it comes to experimenting. Perhaps the fog is lifting after all. 

[Canon : Canon 60D, 75-300mm, 6.11am, 6.16am. 7.17am, 9.07pm]