Tuesday 26 May 2015

Day 146 2015: Blink...

Day 146: ...and you'll miss it

We have reached that point of the year where half the day is actually night. Less than twelve hours after yesterday's long exposure experiments in the dark at Moffat Beach, I was well awake and getting ready for the day. In an instant the sky turned on one of its glorious pastel greetings. Literally, an instant. How long is an instant you ask? 

Well, just long enough to interrupt what I was doing to grab the cam and head outside to try and capture the softness and the light. 


Clouds and treetops

Colours, leaves

All over within three minutes. It looked kind of like that. I might try and explore the possibilities with my recently acquired pastels later. There's not much else that beats an early morning start like that (except the equally brilliant sunsets...). Pics now have an additional criterion by the way: pastel potential. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, around 6.13-6.14am, because camclock is still out]


And then...


Photo by Debbie Green (@debbie_green19)
Some weeks ago I noted Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea were to play in Brisbane tonight. Now, this is jazz royalty. Imagine if you will, grabbing the opportunity to see Mozart and Chopin together on stage, exchanging notes and bon mots over a keyboard or two. By the end of the work day, and with the tai chi class cancelled, I read the signs and hurtled down the highway after work. So glad I did. Even as I sit here writing, I still have that 'unreal' feeling of having finally seen them, together...at last. And we got to sing with them too. They were also playing in Chicago back in March when I was due to attend the conference...

I also met, finally, in real life, long-time tweepster friend Debbie Green (@debbie_green19). She shared some pics of the event, one of which I have 'borrowed' for show here, since she was much closer to the stage than I was...

Just marvellous.