Thursday 4 June 2015

Day 155 2015: When the buck stops...

Day 155: ...and stares, well, just carry on...

Carefully. When I pulled up in the car park this morning, conscious I would be teaching until late, conscious that I would be missing another (almost) full moon rise over the ocean, I realised the cute little kanga over the way would be the perfect pic. Easy.

Oh look, it's been swimming and it looks a little wet...if I get a little closer...

Aww, shaggy roo...

Chewing the fat grass

And then, on the other side of the tree was the very bold reminder of why signs all over the university tell us to treat the kangaroos with care and respect. They are wild animals although reasonably placid. Except when the buck extends to his full height and just stares you down. And stares. And would probably beat Julie Bishop in the death stare stakes (although students believe I would beat Julie Bishop, so maybe I was safe after all...).


Sussing out the camera

Tense moments
He remained on guard for much of the time, and then relaxed a little. 

OK, I've seen you before...

What's that Skip?
 And then on my way back to the buildings, along came the willy wagtail...

Excuse me while I pause for a moment
Just one of those delightful moments. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight was the last night of teaching for a few weeks and the moon appeared over the building just as we were finishing up. And although it is difficult to get a perfectly exposed moon against properly exposed building without tripod and skill, I thought I'd have a go anyway...
Moon over the building

Teaching has stopped but now the marking is ahead. When the marking is done, the buck stops, I guess, with us after all.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 9.48am-9.58am; 7.18pm]