Saturday 6 June 2015

Day 157 2015: Imagine...

Day 157: ...if you will...

Well, I'm certainly glad others have the ability to do so. I certainly don't. I couch my photography in terms of 'experiments with light, with dark, with shadow, with movement'...but I'm not doing anything really other than twiddle a few dials, hit a few buttons, crop a few lines. 

I suggest I like to 'take flora, take fauna, take waves, take the moon, the urban landscape'...like today. I found myself waiting at the bus stop. I have a soft spot for this stop. It is my stop. I've taken pics here before, it is a perfect scene for the 'gritty, urbanity' I sometimes like to do.

We played a trick on someone once, here. It is an island bus stop, the stairs lead only to the bus stop, nowhere else. People who find themselves there accidentally, have to turn around and find their way out again. 

Seats a la can can

Take a seat

One afternoon as we regulars waited for the bus, someone, a lost soul, came down, walked around, asked for the bus number, we said, no, not here. 'How do I get out of here?' he asked. 'You don't', said someone, 'we've been stuck here for three weeks'...mwhahaha...

Witch's hat, with a 'wicked' green touch

Drama Queen, on a platform
But I digress. I have no imagination, which is why I go to our theatre companies regularly, to watch, to observe, to see how others imagine things (which I often end up referring to in class). Today I saw theatre by people with the sort of imagination that could turn this bus platform into a stage of any sort. 

Qld Theatre Company's Oedipus and La Boite's Medea, both brilliantly staged takes on The Classics. I enjoy seeing brand new works, but I also like seeing plays where we already 'know' the beginning, the middle and the end but re-imagined and renovated in a way that I can only look upon with imagined envy. So well done. A brilliant day's, er, 'work'.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 4.55pm]

*No photos of the sets, I respect the request of theatres to not photograph (without express permission). Instead,  I have pics of a bus stop. You'll have to imagine the rest...

Oh, wait... (^_^)>