Sunday 7 June 2015

Day 158 2015: A big breakfast...

Day 158: ...then a walk in the woods...

...because one really needed to walk off the excess of the last few days. 

It started with a simple stroll down to local waterway, where the ducks live and turned into a walk along a path to discover where it went. 

Turns out, quite a long way and while I never had the thought of feeling lost, I did end up on a road quite far from where I thought I might have been. 

Along the way there was a water course, part of which falls down around the back of an old quarry, and much replanted vegetation. Some good, some, well it probably shouldn't have been there. 

Most eye-catching were the trees. Especially this one: 

Aged

Landscape of the bark 1

Landscape of the bark 2

Reminded me of a painting I did at school, imitating the Disney version of an enchanted forest.

Along with one or two others...

Burnt out

Branching out
The breakfast with friends early on was quite marvellous...eggs, bacon, lettuce, tomato on a brioche bun and excellent coffee and conversation. Quite a day. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 3.54pm-4.40pm]