Thursday 11 June 2015

Day 162 2015: On a dark and stormy night...

Day 162: ...eat chips

Ah, a wet day. Showers for most of the day. Like tears from the sky. Or tears in the classroom where we attended to day two of the high school experience. Turns out many of the students we saw weren't actually interested in Japan and Japanese things particularly, whereas we were told to present things for those interested in Japanese. It's a disconnect. It's marketing vs education. It's a disconnect.

It kept me indoors for most of the day. Suddenly it was dark. Not the best photographic potential. Unless one goes to the beach. For chips. For dramatic weather opportunities. 

I hoped I might have made it to Moffat just in time to catch that moody mix of waves and wind, clouds and sea foam. No. Just wet. 


Through the windscreen

But there was a brief moment where I could jump out of the car and try another long exposure, looking north. 


Moffat after dark (13 secs)
Yes, that was worth it. It is something I'm interested in, and even if I wasn't, I'd be ready to listen to see another point of view. 

[CAmera : iPhone 6, 6.32pm; Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 6.46pm]