Friday 12 June 2015

Day 163 2015: Some time needed...

Day 163: ...for outdoor chores

Yes, I can feel it coming on. I need to spend some time tidying up the winter garden. My mind is allowed to turn to these things because soon the current semester will be done and I shall have at least one guilt-free weekend day available to do other than work things. Soon. 

But not today, not quite yet. There is still much writing and thinking to do, ahead of much marking and grading. Let's face it, it keeps on keeping on. 

Except for a brief moment where I spent an hour or so whittling down some 9000 photos taken over the last year since the last Ekka. I've narrowed it down to seven. I have to eliminate three... I'll get the enlarged versions next week and then I have about ten days to finalise for competition purposes. It is as stressful as preparing livestock for the Grand Parade I reckon. (OK, minor exaggeration.)

Anyway, I had a few moments in the backyard, where I thought about the things that need doing: weeding, oiling, trimming, pruning, planting, mowing, ...and so goes the list. 


Oiling and trimming

High wire act in a late arvo breeze

Always with my head in the clouds


But there'll always be something to photograph. In anticipation of the Ekka.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 4.48pm-4.51pm]