Saturday 13 June 2015

Day 164 2015: When social media...

Day 164: ...gets all, well, 'social'

You may be familiar, dear reader, from the other blog, about my reluctance to get on the social media bandwagon back when it started, twitter particularly, but facebook especially. I have continued to resist the facebook call, but the twitter pluses far outweigh the twitter minuses. 

One of the pluses played out tonight where the 612 group, that is, a group of us who got to know each other via tweets to and from 612ABC, had one of our regular 'curry club' meet ups.

It is an excellent night of the very best curries at a local Indian restaurant, much talk and chatter, and usually a little bit of tweeting, though not always. And since we are mostly within each others twitter feeds almost daily, it is truly like a catch up between friends. 

Waiting...
I arrived a bit early, I'd been down the Coast with my mum's tai chi group helping out with a demonstration for a health and wellbeing advocacy group. But I didn't have to wait too long. 

Dinner, part thereof...

One can get sucked into an ugly vortex on social media but after five years, I'd have to say I've benefitted enormously from both the 'social' and the 'media' elements of social media. It truly can be a force for good...as this gang tonight showed, again.

Kudos to Sal (@SalPiracha) and Rob (@armac152) for all their hosting. Until next time...

[Camera : iPhone 6, 6.09pm, 8.04pm]