Monday 15 June 2015

Day 166 2015: Because when work calls...

Day 166: ...a girl's gotta have a 'hobby'

We mightn't be in teaching time but it is still a pretty busy time of the year. The day starts. The day finishes. Some things seem to get done. Some things just seem to go on. And then there are the unexpected moments. 

Academia. Who said it was going to be like this...

Such was today. Meetings, discussions, negotiations over course and workshop content; can I fold an origami crane (er, no, as it happens), can I get some display posters sorted (yes, probably)? And that was before 11.00am. 

Tonight was supposed to be a return to orchestra rehearsal too. I should have left campus a good two hours before I eventually did...and then detoured to collect some more documents. I missed rehearsal. 

But my biggest concern? From dawn to dusk, I was just too busy to get today's pic of the day over the course of the day. I thought of stopping at Kangaroo Point on the the way home, or perhaps a torchlit rose in the back garden...but there are no roses at the moment.

And then I remembered. It is nearly Ekka submission time. I have seven photos being printed, out of which I have to choose four. I am also going to experiment with a hand-coloured effort in the 'altered reality' class. It's not really 'altered reality' but I can't quite enter it in the black and white class either. So it is an experiment. And so tonight's pics, are in fact pics of the first draft of ideas I am playing with for the work. And I did them when I got home, to stay within the rules. Pastels, or watercolour pencils...

Starting here...pineapple ice blocks

...with some order...

...a little disorganised...

Team pastel


Has to be sorted by next week. There is still some work ahead but when it comes down to it, it is a good thing I have a bit of a hobby to keep me occupied. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 10.02-10.27pm]