Saturday 20 June 2015

Day 171 2015: A Lookout with an outlook..

Day 171: ...or is that an Outlook with a lookout?

Whichever...I learnt some new things today. Like some music in difficult to play in cold weather. But post-rehearsal, around midday, the sun, the sky, the air were at their pristine best and I figured one would have to go and shoot some pics from the top of Mt Gravatt, the Lookout as we've known it since...well since I came to Brisbane as a young first-year uni student. 

I was a bit hesistant. It was a beautiful day so I figured there would be lots of people and last time, there were major works ongoing to refresh and renovate. I thought--hmm, crowds. 

But in fact, it wasn't too bad. And indeed, it afforded me the opportunity to stroll around some of the nearby bush tracks as well. Lots of things to see. Turns out too, that it may have been renamed the Outlook, if the new sign is anything to go by. Or indeed, Kugarr Mabul, the place of the echidna, the Aboriginal naming of this place.

Some great views and some new fauna and some interesting flora too...

Our city...

To Moreton Bay

The D'Aguilar Ranges to the west...

Street art, on the Mount

Stubbed

Bell-like

Some of my favourite fauna...

Spectacular little Golden Whistler

TREE

Whereupon, the Lookout became the Outlook...


It was a perfectly pleasant Lookout to get an outlook on today's world. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 18-55mm, 75-300mm, 1.03pm-2.07pm]