Wednesday 24 June 2015

Day 175 2015: I did not see it passing by...

Day 175: ...so I settled for fish and chips

Long day at work today, and just some unfortunate timing. We are in the exam period and so students are completing their end-of-semester assessments. For our language students, that means a presentation in a workshop scenario. They actually do it very well. Last week, the third years, today the seconds, tomorrow the firsts. Then the marking. 

And if the workshop had been set just 60 minutes either way of its scheduled time, I might have been able to catch the USS George Washington heading up the coast, around Caloundra, after its departure from a few days R&R in Brisbane. Hmm. So I did not see it passing by...which I would have liked to do, for research purposes of course.

So, really, I don't know why I went to Moffat Beach around 5.30pm this evening (apart from the fact I was leaving campus a bit late). I guess it is because I'm developing quite an interest in the long exposure exercises I've been doing there of late. It's not the fish and chips of course...

And some really interesting results tonight: 


The red and the green

I couldn't reproduce those green and red lines on subsequent shots...cue third dimensional music...


A slight breeze detected

It actually 'looked' pitch black, really

Night fishing
Of course, these pictures aren't true representations of what I saw with the 'naked' eye. It was basically pitch black except for the street lighting. The ambient light in a 15 second exposure truly intrigues me and I'm growing to like the effect...

...and the fish and chips, of course. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 5.52pm-6.10pm]