Monday 29 June 2015

Day 180 2015: When you see the swan...

Day 180: ...I always remember the ugly duckling

We've almost returned to a state of normalcy. Actually, I don't think anyone really knows what a University's normalcy is anymore. No sooner do you finish classes, there'll be a pile of marking, then assessment then onto preparing the next semester in between trying to write grants, articles, books, do a little research...all this work must, surely, turn into something...one day. 

Well, it is what I sometimes wonder at work. And then some days, you have a win and it all seems OK. After a two week hiatus because of exams, I was able to return to the car park by the lake today and that, of course, means reacquainting ourselves with the birds there. I think I have missed them. The blog has felt bereft.

And who did I see first but our swans...which always make me think of the ugly duckling to beautiful swan story...I think it shall be my epitaph, it is just that I remain stuck in the ugly duckling stage. Never mind, I'll grow up one day. (That's a career analogy by the way.)



The resident swans

Then, after an apparent collision (not really, just a trick of the camera...hehe), off they went, in (mostly) perfect formation. Glorious. 


Low flying ibis as swan

Clearance

Feet up...

Away...

Together...

Formation flying


Then the ibis made a picture on approaching the island...



Ibis 

 And I'm enjoying my iris and tulips so much, I thought I'd share...enjoy. 


Iris


Tulip and contemplation

Flowers are 'just so'. No ugly duckling phases there. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 18-55mm, 8.14am-8.15am; 75-300mm, 5.00pm-5.05pm]