Friday 3 July 2015

Day 184 2015: Marking done...

Day 184: ...let the writing begin...

Well, we're well and truly past the halfway mark now. The first semester is: DONE. The financial year is: DONE. And project365 is now at day 184 which is comfortably past that awkward 'is the halfway mark day 182, day 182.5 or day 183...?' I suppose I could've done a day 182.5...but I didn't. 

Anyway, these things are never really done, as it were, are they dear reader. Marking might be done but grades are yet to be released...there will be things to do subsequently. The financial year might be over, but I'm still to get my tax done. And then there is the writing. All the writing.

I know many people (including certain university bureaucrats and government ministers seem to think academics only work the two semesters, 26 or 27 weeks a year in total. The rest of the time is, well, rest.

Bwhahahahahhahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\(^o^)/\

...sorry. 

No, now is some time for writing, some time for conferencing, some time for reviewing and preparing next semester's classes which start in four weeks. 

So although at the end of the marking pressures, I was able to capture the glorious colours of a sunset over our campus grounds, it wasn't like it was a farewell for a few months kind of capture. No, it was rather a 'why am I still here on a Friday afternoon?'-type picture. 

Looking east...the new building (something something 'sciencey')

Looking west, with the library, Venus and Jupiter (on the move)

Colleagues in the cloisters
Besides, I wanted to play around with the long exposures I've been toying with at Moffat Beach recently...oh, and Venus and Jupiter are still doing their thing in our early evening sky. It's nice. That's all. Just, nice. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 18-55mm, 75-300mm, 5.33pm-5.41pm]