Monday 6 July 2015

Day 187 2015: Fun with reflections...

Day 187: ...albeit a touch Hitchcockian...

Yes, return to work today because there are always end-of-semester things to mop up. And other things. Oh well, such is work. 

On my way to the car park, I noticed there were many more birds than usual. First, they covered the oval...then, they flocked near the low grasses...then they hovered around the lamp posts...then...

...just as I was thinking Hitchcock...I noticed the pelican on the lake. Ah, I thought, how nice. Pelican. 


Pelican being bothered


But it seemed a little perturbed. Then I noticed. It was indeed 'the birds'. The welcome swallows were everywhere, dive-bombing the lake's surface...



And the more I looked, the less I saw the pelican, the trees. Instead, the reflection became a canvas and the swallows something intriguing to capture. 

Only an amateur photographer could like this sort of stuff. But it was fun. And we're allowed five minutes a day for that. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 4.37pm, 4.42pm]