Sunday 19 July 2015

Day 200 2015: A big milestone...

Day 200: ...just another Sunday really

How the milestones creep up on you then, here they are...like today, Day 200. That's 200 days this year I've been taking photos and blogging about them. That's a lot of days. A lot of words.  A lot of photos. I should probably get a hobby...oh, hang on.

I probably should have done something special to celebrate, but yesterday's pics were pretty special really. I had my final weekend engagement on my busiest of busy weekends today. A concert with the clarinet choir at a retirement community out at Bracken Ridge. That's a fair way off my beaten track. 

By the time it was done, my plan to head further east was foiled by setting suns and darkening clouds. I was going to do a dash up the local mountain but then found myself near the park at Highgate Hill, with a city outlook. I thought it an opportune moment to reinforce yesterday's learnings on aperture and long exposure with a view to the city. 

Let's have a look...

Looking south-ish, more or less

A plane lands
(that's the fun of the long exposure, small aperture)

Through the frame

Lights

Lighter lights

And the wheel spins

Well, there you go. That's the first close up look I've had of them too. Day 200: remember, there remains much to learn.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 75-300mm, 5.22pm-5.34pm]