Thursday 23 July 2015

Day 203 2015: Zoom in...

Day 203: ...zoom out

Ah, the new semester is almost here. And apologies, dear reader, if I seem to be going over old territory again. But really. It was the topic of corridor chat all day---where did the time go? Some of us are still mopping up administrative tasks from last semester...

All good reasons to take a break from the office and go for a walk. Out of the office; fresh air; cold breeze; rain clouds...gosh, the things one might do for a pic of the day. I also knew by this time of the day that it would be a long haul in the office this evening so best I get out while there was still some (dim) light.

At which point, I reached the lake, near the car park. Problem: plovers to left of me, plovers to the right, and there I was, stuck in the middle. Me. And the cam.

Luckily, I had the tripod too, in my quest to snap a better long exposure, small aperture pic (yes, I'm still practising...).

So there were limitations and more reliance on the zoom than I would have liked but...

'Speedy' le duck

 And so I also had a bit a play around with the zoom...something I learned 'just for fun' many many years ago as a kid pixter....

Pelican : zoom in...

Pelican : zoom out with open shutter...

Settling in for the night

There's a setting sun behind that, somewhere

It was a breath of fresh, rather fresh, air which gave me the much needed second wind to push through until, well, late.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 5.44pm-5.54pm]