Friday 24 July 2015

Day 205 2015: Now, it is down to the detail...

Day 205: ...the tiny, tiny detail...

Yes, it is over. The non-teaching time is over. The angst and regret set in. The angst and regret about things unfinished in the break that will now have to be deferred...again. Most of us today were again just wondering where that time went. We concluded 'we've been robbed'. Robbed of some quiet contemplative reflective time that our sort of work needs. 

Again, it felt like today was running around finalising details. The little things. In the end, the only details I really got to observe were those small moments in the garden before I left for work. I went out the back to try and catch the last of the fog lifting from the ridge but there wasn't sufficient there really. Like our semester break...so much promise, so much expectation...and yet...nothing like one anticipated. 

So I turned my attention to some of my favourite things, just the delicacy of the moss-like growth in otherwise heavy clay ground. Green where one mightn't expect it...

The green green moss

A sense of proportion

...brightness of the dandelion flower where one mightn't expect it...

Sunshine

Oh look, the teaching analogies have started even before the semester proper begins. What awaits us next week I wonder? 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 9.53am-9.54am]