Thursday 30 July 2015

Day 211 2015: A spray, and then...

Day 211: ...some calming moments

The semester, timetable-wise, is already interesting. Each week is going to be a long week, and each late night is going to feel like, well, an eternity. The next twelve weeks are stretching out...a long way ahead. 

Last night, I discovered that the textbook I ordered for one course was not the one in the bookshop. Today, I confirmed it. I felt...I felt...

I felt just like this fountain...roughish edges and all. A spray.


A bit of a spray

I needed a little bit of calming. Wrong text and prepared course outline now need to be aligned. That is going to be one heck of a weekend job. I'm not exactly happy about it. I had so much to do this weekend. Oh well. 


Bubbles and lily pads...
calming

Then, out of the blue, another ABC request, this time the local SunCoast station for a bit of an afternoon chat on the Thursday Project with a colleague. Just like last week, it was a last minute request to fill in for a sudden absentee. Off I went, always happy to oblige. We covered a few topics of interest and relevance. 

It did mean getting back late to work to continue preparing tomorrow's class (it's OK, I've double-checked the text, they got that one right). That's why I have nothing but night shots tonight. Somehow, all the time in the day and it all went so quickly. Before I knew it, the day was almost over. 

At least by the end of it, the initial spray had turned into something of a smoother flow.


Smoothing out the rough edges

But we know, dear reader, it is just a trick of the eye, a flick of the camera dials. The lens disguises that we sometimes do not wish to see...

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 9.12pm-9.16pm]