Monday 3 August 2015

Day 215 2015: Calm reflection...

Day 215: ...after a bit of a shake-up

What comes first? The picture or the words? The actions or the picture? Today is one of those days where I really have to think about that. I think it is fair to say I started out with no idea what I was going to find to photograph today. I was working at home after doing a few of those annoying chores you can't do on a Saturday or Sunday in larger shopping centres. 

I headed out the back to look around. The birds were a bit distant, no flowers out to speak of at the moment (though the jasmine is starting to bloom), fairly dry really. That led me to tip some of the water in the overflow bucket over some plants...

...and there it was: today's pic. I do quite like the way the surface of the water distorts the reflection, then settles.

Shake up

Distortion

Settling
That's all really. There are perhaps some analogies to reflect on dealing with banks and telecom providers but that's a given really and trying to write about it would be stretching things a little too far. So really, that's all it is today. The reflection in the water caught my eye. That's all. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 3.41pm-3.42pm]