Wednesday 5 August 2015

Day 216 special: Watching the moss grow...

Day 216 for 612ABC (see that symmetry there)

Here's a project365 special for the 612ABC community. The breakfast team, during the 5.40am-ish team chat today spoke of tours to moss gardens in Japan, on the back of some chat about daydreaming and meditation. 

Did I detect some mildly mocking tones? Well, perhaps, but only because I have seen some of those gardens and have taken photos and yes, they are in fact, quite breathtaking. So, a project365, bending the rules a bit but in the interests of sharing a little more peace in the world: here are some pics I took in Kyoto at the end of 2012, deep in winter. 


All the varieties

Stone walls and moss, everywhere

Ginkakuji, the 'Silver Pavilion'
The sand sculptures are amazing, but so is the moss

Moss, waterfall, gardens

Things you see

Cultivated carefully

All sorts of effects (even on a rainy day)


I can spend a lot of time photographing the detail of moss, as the regular dear reader of my blog will know. Indeed, just a few days ago, I posted some pics of the moss in my backyard, watching it grow.

And yes, I'm all for encouraging a little more daydreaming each day...it's a good thing to do.