Thursday 6 August 2015

Day 217 2015: On being a galah...

Day 217: ...it takes all kinds

Some emails should come with a warning: 'this email contains content that is accusatory without basis, just suck it up' or something similar. Then I wouldn't make it the first email of the day to open, but I did.  Suffice to say it set a tone for the day (and it was a long one dear reader, with a late class and finally departing the campus after 10.30pm). Some days.

So, before the late class I went for a walk with the cam, just to see what I could see. And I'm glad I did. For the first time in a long time I spotted some galahs on campus...they can lift the mood just with their antics. And the ducks were marching in sync.


Walk this way

Here we come...

Not just any landing...

10/10 eh?
I continued around to the car and near one of the 'ponds', near my favourite tree, the blue-faced honeyeaters were treating the pond as their very own giant birdbath, skimming the top and returning to the branches to dry off. 

Eyeing off the pond

Chillier than I thought


The welcome swallows and their acrobatics
I know which galahs I'd prefer to spend time with...

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 3.23pm-3.33pm]