Thursday 13 August 2015

Day 225 2015: First light...

Day 225: ... last light

How the day goes. Despite the long day Wednesday, I still have to get up and get going again early on for Thursday. Early classes, late classes. But that's the job I guess. 

The noisy miners were clearly up to something this morning though. My neighbours and I have been hearing a koala in the backyard of late so I thought perhaps he'd hung around just a little too long and the miners had found him. 

No problem really, getting up early, I mean, dear reader. That early morning light gets me every time...the light, the bird silhouettes against the gum tree...those special aeroplane moments...(*^-^)

Early flight (6.21am)

Dawn silhouette
...and not a koala, but a little, slightly startled, ringtail poss. Don't see them around here quite as much as the others, but cute nonetheless. 

Hello poss
And at the end of the day, almost exactly 12 hours later...the corresponding evening light. Neat bookends to another long day. 

Night light (6.05pm)

Really, how can you mind when the light show is as good as this. 

Oh, yes, that's right, I do it all again tomorrow...ho hum. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 6.21am-6.24am; 6.05pm]