Thursday 20 August 2015

Day 232 2015: What is Queensland?

Day 232: ...what is found here 

Another long day at work, or, leaving campus early to attend a panel discussion on Queensland identity at my favourite place, South Bank, (which is kind of work-related). At GOMA, more specifically. It was one of the #GOMATalks series, in conjunction with Radio National. I managed to arrive just in time with the intention of wandering around GOMA, again, in the early evening to look at light, shadow, whatever I could capture. 

I boldly went, sans tripod. Tricky on long exposure work. But I made good use of the available furniture, with some interesting effects. 


Looking up. Trees shadowing the overhang

I took pics of the Kurilpa Bridge. Never really been one of my favourites. But then, one of tonight's panellists was in fact one of the architects behind its design. Hmmm. OK, slightly new appreciation of the structure now. Though I've still not been across it. 


Pick up sticks-like

Kurilpa and tower

A view to a library

Through the trees


There's always a pic (or two) to be taken, no matter where, no matter when. And as for Queensland's identity? I reckon we've got it sorted. Right here. At South Bank.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 6.05pm-6.14pm]