Wednesday 26 August 2015

Day 238 2015: Galahs at work...

Day 238: ...no really, actual galahs

I know, I know dear reader, it is a tad precarious to be running the words 'galah' and 'work' in the same heading...especially given I work in an extended, complex, labyrinthine, hierarchical organisation, formerly known as 'the university'...

Plus, it is, er, was Wednesday, the long, long day whereupon around 4.00pm I venture out for a bit of a walk before I take on the evening shift. I figured there would probably be something out by the lake. But a protective drake almost stopped me mid-stroll, with a bit of a hiss and charge as he protected his singular duckling.

On I went anyway. I had caught the Pacific Baza early in the morning so I had some shots just in case but there had to be something at the lake, surely.

Whad'ya mean, you've got *other* pics?
And we had some interesting things to look at...the usual ibis, attempting an extended, complex, labyrinthine, hierarchical organisation, also known as 'their tree'...

Reach the top, and then...

And there was the pelican...

Still in search of the buoy

And the moon, with the wattle, caught my eye and I started thinking haiku for some reason.

Then we see the moon,
the wattle striking in bloom,
And work seemed serene

Haiku-in-the-making


And then, they landed. In the wattle. Galahs in the wattle. Now that, in an extended, complex, labyrinthine, hierarchical organisation, formerly known as 'the university'...was really just the pic of the day...


On the wing

Oh, did we block your moon?

Well, you know we eat wattle now

Back to work you...I am the supreme galah

Galahs in the wattle. I tell you, nothing else could have cheered me up more today.

[Camera : Canon 60D, 75-300mm, 7.58am, 3.57pm-4.17pm]