Monday 31 August 2015

Day 243 2015: A visit...

Day 243: ...and a long wait

Mum came to visit today, which was excellent. She had some things to do here in Brisbane which included going to the large local shopping centre with her to do various things. One of which was Telstra...new phone...two and a half hours later...

We also ate at the new Asian-market-style food court. Okonomiyaki, described variously as Japanese pancake, Japanese pizza etc. It's just okonomiyaki, one of my favourites since my very early days in Japan. 

I also had to dash across town for perhaps my last chance to pick up my photos from the Ekka, so nice to get them back and see the sticker on the back 'accepted for exhibition'. It's small, but it is such a thrill. All four in the colour section were selected this year. Now, to aim for 'highly commended' in 2016...

So the day didn't leave much to do pic-wise, except I was just looking at the late setting sun on the wall and reflecting that given my work, I don't see it often. And light and shade are the things I like about photography. Light and shade. 

Cast in the shadow

Is it light? Is it shadow?

Crow on the fly
 And the stunning light of the setting sun on the callistemon out the front. It just caught my eye...

Sun ... light

New ... light
Tomorrow is another day. Mum has her new phone and I have more work to do.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 4.51pm-5.02pm]