Thursday 10 September 2015

Day 252 2015: Keep your distance..

Day 252: ...a bit (of a ) Baza...

Today, I was rather determined to get in some early shots in lest I miss opportunities later in the day. It was the kind of day where I was likely to be rewriting the security lectures right up until presentation time, waiting for the outcome of the Cabinet decision about the Syrian refugees. Today's lecture was scheduled, listed and published in the course outline 10 months ago. (Yes, I have a problem with that...but I won't complain, here.) It is about transnational security issues and population movements...timely. 

So, it started with the noisy miners being, well, noisy. That generally means a visitor to the big gum tree in the backyard. And indeed, from a distance, there was the Pacific Baza. Back. 

Watching carefully
But I did have a chance to have my mid-afternoon walk to the lake and back but everything was keeping its distance...

The willy wagtails, the welcome swallows, the magpies and even the fairy wren...


Watching Willy

Watching Fairies

Watching...Welcome

Watching...you

The shy one

All a distance away...much like some of the major world problems: a distance away but important we notice and act, nonetheless. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 6.39am, 4.13pm-4.32pm]