Sunday 4 October 2015

Day 274 2015: Home again, home again...

Day 274: ...at least, on the way home again

Last day in Tokyo today. Rain is forecast for later in the day so I plan to get to town early, book the bus ticket, buy a couple of books relevant to the courses I'm teaching next year, coffee, take a few pics, more coffee, buy a couple of CDs (for a friend...), coffee, browse the camera shop, coffee-cake set, meet with friend and then hit the highway. 

And it mostly went that way. Except for the photos. (And I swapped the cake set for a mango parfait instead.) 

I picked up some books, I found the CDs, chatted with friend and colleague and then, it was time for the bus, the driest seat in Ikebukuro. 

And then I thought, 'well, that's one way to book-end a quick trip I guess...I took pics coming in, why not take pics going out'...

So I did. 

Ikebukuro *Sunshine* Plaza, (really)

Geometry games

Ikebukuro was one of the first places to build really really tall (for Tokyo) buildings since technology took a while to work out how to build really tall buildings which would not come down at the first hint of an earthquake, something you need to think about here. And the view from the bus window wasn't all that bad. I suppose. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 4.09pm, 4.11pm]